The Youth Activism Project is dedicated to activating teens into community leaders! We believe that young people should not only be invited to the decision making process, but that their presence should be expected!
One of our newest projects is our High School Voter Registration Drive initiative. Just because you can’t vote doesn’t mean you shouldn’t #GetActivated!
Did you know that …
- Since the last election, 7 MILLION youth will turn 18 by Nov 2020?
- Many states allow 16 and 17-year-olds to PRE-REGISTER to vote?
- Only about half of 18-24-year-olds were registered to vote in Nov 2018—LOWER than any other age group?
YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE BY GETTING YOUR SCHOOL TO 100% VOTER REGISTRATION.
And count on the Youth Activism Project to help you along the way.
1. Join a webinar with our partners at the Civics Center. Click on a link below to sign up and make sure to mention Youth Activism Project as the “Affiliated Organization.”
Here are the upcoming webinars dates:
- Weds, Jan 22 at 7:30 PM ET/4:30PT
- Thurs, Jan 23 at 7:30 PM ET/4:30PT
- Weds, Jan 29 at 7:30 PM ET/4:30PT
- Thurs, Jan 30 at 7:30 PM ET/4:30PT
- Wed. 2/5 – 4:30 p.m. PT / 7:30 p.m. ET
- Thurs. 2/6 – 4:30 p.m. PT / 7:30 p.m. ET
Webinars are every Wed. and Thurs. but if that time doesn’t work for you, email Anna@YouthActivismProject.org
2. Once you have a faculty advisor, student co-lead, and date for your drive, officially register your drive here!
3. The first 50 teams to sign up will get a Democracy in a Box filled with all the materials you need for a successful voter registration drive! You may also be eligible to receive T-shirts and prizes!
E-mail email@example.com or text VOTER to 8332007112 for more information.